Almost as exciting as Apollo 8 … the Wiltshire Astronomical Society website has been updated!
Hi everyone. After taking some time to run through tutorials on how to build a website, today is the “soft” release of the updated Wiltshire Astronomical Society website. As you can see it is fairly basic at the moment (“minimal” as the web-designers put it!) but I hope to add images and more content over time, but this is a start.
Remember, we have an active public Facebook page (link) which provides a good place to engage with the society, as well as our members Facebook group too (link).
Some new features …
- A Contact Us form for enquires. This is better than exposing email addresses on the website.
- Details on up coming and past meetings. I hope to include a full back catalogue of newsletters. This is on the todo list. I want to improve the layout of the page to make it more readable, so please bear with me.
- Details on the Observing Sessions, including a sign-up form for subscribing to our observing mailing list. This should make it easier to come along to our popular observing sessions.
On the to do list …
- Add some much needed images on the website. I’m working on this!
- Add an Outreach page, providing information on our outreach activities and how educators can get in touch.
- Add a Resources page with links to related astronomy content.
- Get feedback from our members on improvements and additional content they would like on the website! Use the “Contact Us” page (link)
Thanks for the support so far.